I'm Nike -- that's "Neeka" -- am SAHM of six kids, age ten and under determined to THRIVE in spite of a layoff, bad economy and our household budget being slashed by half.
On any given day I'm shuttling kids to school, couponing like a crazy woman, reading planning & zoning reports and scrubbing stuff out of the carpet. I live a loud, messy, busy, creative life and am thankfully everyday for the privilege.
I created this blog to share my Rock-What-Ya-Got approach to living and crafting without spending a dime.
Want to know more?
If I were at a convention and I had to tell you few things about myself I would say:
1) I hate typos and dropped words with a deep, abiding passion but am terrible at catching them in my own writing. Stick around and you'll see what I'm talking about.
2) I'm a shameless car dancer with serious moves.
3) I love doing laundry and am something of a stain-fighting ninja.
4) I can say the alphabet backwards faster than I can say it forward.
5) I have an obsession for vintage letterpress and printing that probably needs professional help.
But if you really want to know why I'm writing all this and creating on THRIVE, here's my story.